There are two types of software updates available depending on whether your vehicle has onboard navigation or Display Audio.
A software update is available for select Hyundai models that have Display Audio (no “Map” button on the dash). Click here to check if there is a software update available for your vehicle. Once on the page, click on each of the two banners titled “List of vehicles eligible” and find your vehicle model name and year. Then, follow the steps outlined to download the software and install in your vehicle.
Hyundai models with onboard navigation are eligible for a map and software update. The update will include latest map, point of interest, and software for your vehicle. For model year 2017 and earlier vehicles, updates are available once a year in the Spring. For model year 2018 and newer vehicles, updates are available twice a year in the Spring and Fall.
Watch this video for quick directions on how to easily update your multimedia system, allowing you to add new and improved functionality to your Hyundai as it becomes available. If you have already downloaded the software or have the software on a USB or SD card, skip to 2:40 in the video to see instructions on how to successfully install the update.
If you would like more step-by-step directions for updating your system, please continue reading this article. The best method for updating your map data varies depending on the year and model of your Hyundai. Please click here to find which system your model uses.
STEP #1: Log into MyHyundai.
STEP #2: Click onto Map Update button in the footer.
STEP #3: You will be redirected to the new map update site shown below.
STEP #4: Select the “Navigation Updater” button.
STEP #5: Select Windows or Mac program.
OPTION #1: Download and Install
With this option you will be able to download the updated information directly and upload it to your SD card or USB based on your model. Your owner’s manual will inform you on where to find your SD card in your model.
1. Select “United States” and click “Next”.
2. Select “Hyundai” and click "Next".
3. Select a language and click “Next”.
4. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, click “Next”.
5. Select the saved location for the program, click “Next” to install.
6. The Navigation Updater shortcut will be saved on your Desktop.
7. Open the Navigation Updater shortcut on your Desktop and log in using your MyHyundai credentials.
8. Or log in as a guest under “Guest”.
9. A message will appear asking to confirm location to save the map files. Even when using a USB or SD card, some files will be temporarily saved on the hard drive. Press OK to continue.
10. Instructions will appear on how to find your software version as one option to find your vehicle. Click “OK”.
11. Enter your software version, or you can simply search by vehicle and model/year. If you previously logged into your MyHyundai account, your vehicle will be pre-selected. Click “Confirm”.
12. Once your vehicle is chosen, insert your USB or SD card (the SD card is highly recommended over saving to hard drive). Refer to “Portable Storage Device” to the type of media required.
If using a USB, insert 64 GB USB now. If using your vehicles SD card, insert into vehicle now. For aftermarket SD cards please follow requirements below:
Personal 32 GB SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card.
13. Once media is inserted, the new media will appear. Confirm location and Press “Start”.
14. If SD card inserted, the SD card recommendations will appear. Press “OK” to continue. If USB was inserted, skip to step 15.
15. The media will now be formatted, press “Yes” to continue.
16. Downloading will now begin.
17. Once complete, the file will automatically be unzipped on media.
18. After unzipping is complete, instructions will appear on how to install the update in the vehicle. Please take note. Click “OK”.
19. You can also access the vehicle installation instructions under “Installation Instructions”. Next eject media and click “Close Program”.
OPTION #2: Order and Ship
1. Click onto the “Shipping Order Website” link.
2. Log in or create an MnSoft account.
3. Choose your Model Year and Model and click “Search”.
4. Choose your Media Option. Agree to Terms & Conditions and click “Add to Cart”.
5. Confirm your Shipping Address. Choose your Shipping Method and click “Next”.
6. Check the “PayPal Express Checkout” button and follow the prompts. Your media will be shipped to you based on the shipping method you have chosen.
If you have any questions about installing or ordering your map update please call Hyundai Customer Care at 1-800-633-5151.