Most of us aren’t on the road as much as usual. But during these challenging times, the peace of mind that comes with knowing that when we do need to drive, we can, is especially important. These weekly maintenance tips can help you keep your Hyundai in good shape.
15-20 minutes of driving per week.
Drive your car at least once a week for 15-20 continuous minutes, including 2-3 minutes of highway driving. It’s good for your battery, brake system, and tires, and circulates your car’s fluids to keep it running smoothly. Remember to follow social distancing and stay at home regulations.
Disinfect surfaces before you drive.
Our cars are high-touch surfaces. We recommend following the CDC’s disinfection guidelines. Commonly used interior and exterior surfaces (like door handles, seat belt buckles, fuel caps, multimedia controls, and steering wheels) should be disinfected with Isopropyl Alcohol. Hydrogen peroxide, bleach, and ammonia-based cleaners are NOT advised and may damage surfaces. Get the full list of approved cleaning products here.
Disinfect hands before you drive/after you leave the car.
If you’re going out for gas, groceries, or any other essential errands, remember to clean and sanitize your hands before you get in the car.
- Clear any leaves or debris from the inlet at the base of the windshield
- Check for any exterior damage, including your tires
- Start the engine and idle for 2-3 minutes, check for any dashboard alert lights, make sure your wiper blades are working
- Operate the climate control in “Fresh” mode with the A/C ON and adjust the Temperature setting to comfort
- If the vehicle is equipped with Auto Climate Control, set the temperature to 72ºF in "SYNC" and press "AUTO"
Stay current with scheduled vehicle maintenance.
We’ve taken extra steps to ensure the health & safety of our service employees and of our customers, like extra cleaning & sanitization at our dealerships and service centers and “contactless” service appointments. Learn more about how we’re staying safe here.
To all of our customers, we’re here to help you drive better. Stay safe!