Hyundai has redesigned the MyHyundai with Bluelink App. The home page is more personalized and robust with more useful features and information readily at hand.
The app will also accommodate new features enabled by the newest generation of Bluelink, which includes:
- Car Status Notifications
- Vehicle Status enhancement
- Message Center
- User Profile
- Remote Start Settings
The updated app should have appeared on your mobile device as a downloadable update. If that did not occur and you are reading this from your mobile device, here is where you can download the Apple version or the Android version of the new app.
Greater usability starts on the Login page where “Forget Password” has been added, which takes you to a mobile version of the website’s Forget Password page.
Depending on the capability of your phone, your home page my invite you to skip the password altogether with the added options of Touch ID and Face ID for iPhone and Biometric Verification for Android.
For viewing some of the app without logging in, the previously named “Demo Mode” is now called “Guest login”.
The new home page literally greets you, and in most cases, an image representing your vehicle will appear along with the nickname you’ve given the car. The page provides access to these features:
- Temperature of user’s present location and weather icon indicating current conditions
- Your vehicle status information
- Remote start link (for applicable models)
- The POI Search entry
- Messages and notifications (bell-shaped icon)
- Remote history - Active on Remote Start capable vehicles, this shows a list of recent remote actions
- Main Menu (three bars on the left, unchanged from current design)
The newest Bluelink Generation compatible conventional gasoline-powered vehicles such as the 2020 Sonata will have this added to the home page:
- Fuel level gauge meter
- Fuel level percentage
- Current range in miles
The home page for EV and Plug-in Hybrid models include the following:
- Battery charge gauge meter and percentage
- Current range in miles (Plug-in hybrids include both battery-only and overall range)
- Currently plugged in indicator with voltage level
- Currently charging indicator
- Toggle to start or stop charging
In a similar fashion, the NEXO fuel cell vehicle includes this additional information:
- Hydrogen fuel-level gauge meter and percentage
- Current range in miles
- Distance to nearest hydrogen fuel station
- Link for directions to nearest hydrogen fuel station
These screens include a refresh option to update the vehicle status, as well as a timestamp of the last refresh.
The gauge meters listed above are color-coded as follows:
- 41 – 100% Green
- 21 – 40% Yellow
- 0 – 20% Red
You can now check your door lock, window, and sunroof status on the home screen. Models compatible with the newest Bluelink Generation will get additional information. In addition
to the fuel level percentage, you will be able to monitor oil, brake and washer fluid levels, as well as the charge status of the vehicle, and SmartKey battery. Any exterior light malfunctions will be noted and identified.
Activating Remote Start from the home page (for applicable models) will display a page to enable you to review your Remote Start and Remote Climate Settings. You can also view all the Remote Start pre-conditions from here.
When you click Submit to remote-start your car, the app will show the progress on the home page, following these four stages:
- Sending request
- Request sent / Request failed
- Success / Failed
Remote actions can now also generate specific messages as well as reminders about the expected result or limitations of certain remote actions. You will also be informed if an action is outside your Bluelink subscription level.
Still accessed from the three-line icon at the top of the home page, the Main Menu has been redesigned. To increase its visibility, the control to call Roadside Assistance is now a stand-alone button. The Parking Meter Timer has also been moved to this listing.
The newest-generation Bluelink users will have a link to their User Profile from the Main Menu. The User Profile lets you adjust the personal information of you and other drivers of your car as well as review and manage your Bluelink subscriptions and review your vehicle
financing info. Depending on the capability of your model, you can also set a wide variety of vehicle settings including:
- Sound – Includes navigation prompts when audio is playing or a phone call is in progress.
- Active Noise Control – Adjusts the audio system’s noise cancelation technology.
- Drive Mode – Adjusts changes to engine sound, possible driver’s seat & climate control.
- Lighting – Adjusts headlight remain-on time after vehicle shutdown and the number of times turn signals blink from nudging the control.
- Door Locks –Automatic door lock and unlock and sets whether the driver’s door or all doors will initially unlock.
- Gauge Cluster – Set gauge cluster content and outside information such as speed limits or Icy road warnings.
- Seat Position – Enter your height, weight, and body type and the car can offer an ideal seating position, and other settings.
- Climate Control – Heated steering wheel and seats can be adjusted to reduce temperature over time for greater comfort.
The bottom menu items are now easier to identify. Each item opens a new specific menu display and all of the icons are labeled.
These menu features are now presented in an easier to read format. The new “Dealer Service
Offers” directs you to a mobile version of the website which displays special dealer service offers from your designated dealer.
The Bluelink button is now labeled as “Remote Functions”. “Remote Start” and “Remote
Stop” replace the former remote climate start & stop icons as the remote climate control function is now accessed from the Remote Start control on the home page.
Includes changes to the Maps menu items include changing the label “MyPOI” to a more clearly understood “Favorites”, for your frequently visited locations. “Parking Meter Timer” has been moved to the Main Menu listing.
As fast and efficient as we designed the MyHyundai app, its performance is often still
dependent on the strength and stability of connections. So, the new design informs you on the progress of your requests.
The MyHyundai app has been redesigned to look better, work better, and stands ready to accommodate the wide array of new sophisticated features to be introduced on future Hyundai models. As newer features become available, the MyHyundai app will be updated to leverage those features within your smartphone whenever appropriate.